Re: Different export times using sys or another user.

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 09:47:04 -0800 (PST)

> I have a user, FEXP, with the export full database role. Is it
> possible that if I call a full export of the database it takes
> longer (a LOT longer) with the FEXP user than with SYS?
> All other parameters are the same, and the export is on the exact
> same database.

Interesting question. My test shows that the times will be about the same. On my 10.2.0.1 database running on Windows XP laptop, I ran exp '/ as sysdba' full=y
and it took 1 minute 45 seconds. I ran
exp yong/yong full=y file=expdat_yong.dmp <-- yong has DBA role and it took 1 minute 35 seconds. These times are from the second runs. (Results of the first runs were discarded.)

The dump files are exactly same size 89,583,616 bytes. Logs shown on screen are the same except the export time. (I copied them to two files and ran diff.) The database doesn't have much data but has all sorts of data types in my test schema, including long, lob, etc.

Yong Huang