Re: row cache lock contention parallel insert

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:35:30 -0800

The space segment advisor auto job can consume significant resources (basically burn 1 CPU core) if the data dictionary has no stats or very stale stats and there are a large number of partitions in the database. One of the dictionary queries ends up with an NLJ plan when it should have a HJ plan (because of large # of partitions/segments).

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn