Re: Different export times using sys or another user.

From: Harel Safra <>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:55:28 +0200

Are you exporting the database using the parameter consistent = y? It'll cause the whole export to be done as a single read only transaction and could slow the export because of the need to generate more consistent read block images.
Since consistent=y isn't supported for sys, when the export is run as sys it won't be in a read only transaction and may speed things up.

You can find more details here:

Harel Safra