RE: ASSM and high volume concurrent inserts

From: FMHabash <fmhabash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:14:42 -0500

Not sure what you mean by 'manually managed'. To manage FLists yourself, you need a DMT TS, which I believe can't do in 10g (for read/write). We had a similar problem on a high frequency LOB insert, which we resolved by eliminating a composite unique constraint. About 90% of BBW's that I've seen resulted from poor application design or run-time anomalies. Focus on application design and run-time behavior before you start thinking tablespace and segment attributes.