Re: Re: plan_table performance

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel.cl.thomas_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:11:39 +0000

> In one of the database when I run the explain plan it takes a while
before I get the plan output

As part of EXPLAIN PLAN, the query you are explaining will get parsed and optimised. This can take a while if there are lots of alternative possible execution plans - especially if (for example) there is any bind peeking, dynamic sampling etc. I suggest you could try a 10053 trace to find out why it is taking so long.

Chances are it's nothing to do with indexes on the PLAN TABLE (if you think it is, create your own PLAN TABLE with no other statement plans in it...)

Regards Nigel