Re: Which query is best?

From: John Kanagaraj <>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:30:10 -0800

Hi Syed,

Not sure if you mentioned the Database version where this runs. A while ago I had written a short article on using ORA_ROWSCN to provide optimistic locking in 10g. Let me know if you need this article and I can email it to you.

The other side of the issue is this: What is your App Server tier that runs this application? If you are running a stateless connection, you really cannot (and should not) expect pessimistic locking to work.

John Kanagaraj <>< (Sorry - not an Oracle blog!) ** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do not reflect those of my employer or customers **