Re: Oracle's RAT (Real Application Testing)

From: jason arneil <jason.arneil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:49:23 +0000

I'm looking at an 11gR2 upgrade soon myself. There was no way I could justify the expense of RAT for what would realistically be a piece of software that we would not use all that frequently.

However, I'm really liking the look of SQL Plan Management. The prospect of guaranteeing that your pre-upgrade plans will remain in place (and more importantly won't go South upon upgrading) with the prospect of swapping in better plans as the optimizer in the upgraded db finds them seems like a winner to me.

As far as I can see this gives better bang for your buck (pound, euro, etc.) than RAT, for an upgrade.

jason.

--
http://jarneil.wordpress.com