Oracle's RAT (Real Application Testing)

From: <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:19:42 -0500

So, we'll be moving to 11gR2 soon enough and at a local Oracle seminar a couple weeks ago, they had a white paper for upgrading to 11gR2.? Typical plans, things like that.? Oracle's RAT was talked about alot and i've been looking at it on Oracle.com and reading white papers about it and Tuning Advisors and such.? Does anyone have some real life experience with RAT that they can share?? I've never really looked at how expensive different things are from Oracle, but 12k USD per processor seems expensive enough where i'd need lots of good reasons for my boss to suggest RAT for our main OLTP database upgrade. ?
Thanks,
Lyall