Re: Oracle-Managed Files - your views

From: Tony Sequeira <tony_at_sequeira.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:56:20 +0000

That's good enough for me. I guess you meant to use OMF rather than OFA though.

Many thanks.

Robert Freeman wrote:
> When one considers that ASM pretty much uses OFA, I'm hard pressed to
> be to dead set against it.
> I grant that lots of DBA's (me included) prefer our own file naming
> conventions... However, OFA files do have their own file naming
> conventions...
> OFA offers consistency and avoids the fat finger problem with file
> naming... :-)
> In the end, in your case would I use OFA? Probably not, but that's
> mostly personal bias. I think you'd be fine using OFA if you like.
>
> Robert G. Freeman
> Oracle ACE
> Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it!
> Author:
> Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON ITS
> WAY SOON!
> OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study
> Guide (Sybex)
> Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press)
> Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press)
> Other various titles
> Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com
> Check out my new blog series on installing Oracle Database 11gR2 on
> Windows using VMWare!

S. Anthony Sequeira
++
	"What happened to the crewman?"
	"The M-5 computer needed a new power source, the crewman merely got in
the way."
		-- Kirk and Dr. Richard Daystrom, "The Ultimate Computer",
		   stardate 4731.3.
++