RE: [SEMI-OT] Oracle to cloud or not to cloud?

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:24:13 -0700

I think if you watch the whole clip, he's not really ranting "against cloud computing", and the clip title of "Why Larry Ellison Hates Cloud Computing" is completely misleading. He is only ranting against someone in the audience asking if Oracle is dead because of cloud computing and the audience members assertion that "cloud computing" is something new, when really it's just the same old Internet with a fancy new name and behind the "cloud" is still the same hardware and software that has always been there and Oracle has already been providing that type of hardware/software-rental business model for a decade.

Regards,
Brandon