[SEMI-OT] Oracle to cloud or not to cloud?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:39:50 -0600 (CST)

Dateline September 21, 2009, Larry Ellison rants against cloud computing:

    http://tinyurl.com/ybf2vbb

December 15, 2009, I receive an email from "Oracle Cloud Computing" inviting me "to view a Webcast [from two Oracle VPs] on one of today's most important technology trends—cloud computing. This emerging wave of technology promises to deliver new levels of IT efficiency and responsiveness, elastic scalability, and enterprise-class quality of service."

Wow, technology moves fast.

Rich