Re: RMAN delete obsolete - Ctalog/Third Paty Maintenance

From: David Barbour <>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:59:27 -0500

We're using Tivoli Storage Manager. I have to open a channel to TSM so the delete request is recorded in the TSM database. I would presume that is they way most third-party tape solutions would work. If I don't, then I have to go in and manually (there is an interface, but it just lists mismatches between the tape DB and RMAN catalog) delete unwanted/deleted backups from the tape DB.