Re: Cross-Platform migration (10g)

From: Roger Xu <wellmetus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:04:59 -0600

Thank you (Michael and Richard). Here is what the RMAN Advanced User's Guide says - "It also supports a transportable database feature, which can be used to recreate an entire database from one platform on another platform as long as the platforms have the same endian order."

I think my only other ption is what Michael mentioned: precreate a shell database then transport user tablespaces one by one from source to target.

Thanks,

Roger