Re: Monitoring server

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:17:28 -0600 (CST)

Hi Ram,

> I am not asking about the retention period of the statistics data. I am
> asking what if the Grid control server itself goes down? There will not be
> anything monitoring the databases and servers.

Potentially true, unless one is actively monitoring the monitor. In addition, I also monitor the logs of the agents on each target host. When the OMS goes down, the agents complain, which causes my homegrown monitoring script to send me an email/page from each affected target host.

Not ideal, but the price is right.

Rich