OEM 9i delete database Catch-22

From: Daniel W. Fink <daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:25:17 -0800

I've inherited an older OEM install with some nodes/databases that are invalid. When I try to drop the database, it complains about events that are registered. So I deregister the event...and it shows as pending. It is my understanding that it will remain in this state until it communicated with the agent on the node...but the node does not exist.

I'm RTFMing, but not finding the answer to manually removing or reconfiguring a database.

It's been many years since I dealt with OEM 9i and events, though I have a vague recollection that it was less than intuitive how to fix problems.

Daniel Fink

OptimalDBA http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

Lost Data? http://www.ora600.be/