never ending chain

From: Helter Skelter <>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 01:46:46 -0800 (PST)

I've got a quite simple scheduler chain with 4 steps. END rule is "step_1 completed and step_2 completed and step_3 completed and step_4 completed" Everything works fine when it's running on scheduled time. But sometimes, when I have to run the chain manually, chain executes normally, but when it ends - it is hanging with all steps COMPLETED. (dba_scheduler_running_chains) I'm using dbms_scheduler.run_job('chain_job',use_current_session =>false);

I have tried eveluate_running_chain, but it says "chain is not running" dbms_scheduler.stop_job - job is not running Job with chain is scheduled for the next run, but it won't run because old one is still hanging in dba_scheduler_running_chains. The only solution I have found is to run it manually once again, and when chains ends - everything back to normal

Am I missing something ?