Re: cache buffer chains/where in code

From: <>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:16:13 +0200

hehe, I concur.
And by the same chance are there many connects and specially disconnects going on in a short time?

             Greg Rahn
             Sent by:                  Christo Kutrovsky
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f         <>
                                       Martin Berger
                                       <>, Tanel
             2009.12.11 01:24          Poder <>, oracle-l
             Please respond to         Re: cache buffer chains/where in
             greg_at_structuredda         code

By chance is this using UFS file system and not using directio (forcedirectio)?

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Christo Kutrovsky <> wrote:
> I traced down the problem to a Solaris 10 BUG. bug_id 6642475, has to do
> with kernel locks when trying to allocate contiguous memory. The code is
> inefficient, and the workaround is to disable it via echo
> "pg_contig_disable/W 1" | mdb -kw.
> I hope this helps someone out there. I don't know in what release it is
> resolved.

Greg Rahn