Re: dbms_stats.gather_table_stats only calculating stats for first partition of range interval - list composite partitioned table

From: Greg Rahn <>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:17:09 -0800

First, if you are on 11g you really should not deviate from the default of ESTIMATE_PERCENT=>DBMS_STATS.AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE. NULL/100% takes significantly longer and yields the same results. Read more:

What you are observing is a bug in - it does not reproduce in Let me see if I can find the bug.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 6:20 AM, Peter Hitchman <> wrote:

> Oracle EE
> OEL V4 64 bit.
> I am stumped by what has happened to the statistics for a table that I have
> that is range interval - list partitioned.
> but only the first partition (the one you have to declare) has stats
> gathered for it at the partition level, even though they are gathered for
> all of the subpartitions for all partitions.
> Global stats are also created.
Greg Rahn