Re: OCP Question

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:49:33 -0800 (PST)

Which book is this in the Oracle Press book or the Sybex book. My first take to the answer is "None of the above".

The RVWR process, I believe is ONLY used to write to the flashback logs. I did check the Oracle docs on the RVWR process to make sure that my recollection was correct, and I find nothing to conflict with that but I'd want to take more research time before I'd say I'm 100% for certain. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will slap me upside the head and correct me here.

I do not believe that RVWR is used to actually perform any flashback operation other than writing to the logs. So the question is worded incorrectly and thus all the answers are technically wrong. :-)

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it! Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON ITS WAY SOON! OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Other various titles
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com Check out my new blog series on installing Oracle Database 11gR2 on Windows using VMWare!

From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill_at_intactus.com> To: "Oracle-L_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Wed, December 9, 2009 2:31:00 PM
Subject: OCP Question

Hi all -

I am studying for the 10g OCP exam and came across a question that is incorrect in the book and wanted to know if it was just a typo or totally incorrect.

Question:
What is responsible for applying the "before" images to the database during a Flashback Database recovery?

  1. LGWR
  2. SMON
  3. DBWR
  4. RWVR
The answer key stated "D. RWVR", but if this is the correct answer it should be "RVWR".

Is the answer "RVWR"????

Thanks,
Bill--