Re: [OFF TOPIC] College Degree

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 16:23:25 -0200

I wanted to thank everyone that replied to this question. I found all the replies helpful and you all present valid points.

I still have some decisions to make, but I'm pretty much convinced that I have to study what I like. I've seen too many people get sucked by their work, and working with computer, having computer-related hobbies and studying computers... it's a recipe for trouble. If I study something I like, outside computers, I think it will broaden my mind and keep me away from the computer long enough so I don't become a computer worm (you know, like a book worm, but with computers).

I plan to keep working where I work, doing what I do... perhaps not putting that many hours into it... but still.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone here, you've all been of great help, both when now and with the on-topic questions, as well as the questions I didn't even ask but researched out of curiosity.

Cheers.
Alan.-