reclaiming space from recycle bin

From: <Sharon.Kovac_at_Rotometrics.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 14:11:45 -0600

I've been remiss in deleting old objects from my recycle bin. At this point I have over 2GB of objects in the recycle bin. I did 'purge dba_recyclebin' as sysadmin and now the recycle bin is empty. However, when I look at the space, I don't see that I got 2GB back. I know when I delete from a table, I have to exp/imp or 'alter table move' to see the extra space freed up in my datafile. Is there a similar process for the recycle bin? (I've trying searching for the database online documentation on MOS but I get a results page with nothing in it. *sigh*)

Thanks!
Sharon Kovac | RotoMetrics
Phone: +1 636 587 3600 | Fax: +1 636 587 3701800 Howerton Lane | Eureka, MO 63025 | USA www.rotometrics.com

This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s) named above. This message is confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.

.

picture