Re: Parallel procesing configuration.

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 21:31:40 +0100

Please,
don't do this!
If you have less than 16 concurrent active sessions, try to get a smaller system and save licenses.
If you have more, hope for the OS' scheduler!

Parallelism is great if you have single statements which runs much longer than any OLTP accept. (this is very general speaking, without any example.)

maybe you should go back to ordinary tuning questions: what is 'slow'?
how fast would be 'fast'?

and: how many concurrent sessions/statements do you expect for this 'fast' performance?

starting with these questions you can on the one hand tune your statements and on the other calculate, how your CPUs will be utilized.

sorry, again no answer.