Re: RE : datapump errors

From: Surachart Opun <surachart_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:52:01 +0700

The 4031 error can occur in the Large Pool, Java Pool, Streams Pool (new to 10g), or the Shared Pool. The error message will indicate which pool had the problem. If the error indicates a problem in a pool other than the Shared Pool, this usually indicates the problem pool is configured too small for the application environment. Increase the size of the problem pool in increments of 50MB or 100MB and monitor for continued problems. If using the 10g, Automatic Shared Memory Management (ASMM) functionality, the MMAN process will attempt to shrink and grow different components in the SGA as memory is needed over time. You may need to increase the setting for SGA_TARGET to allow MMAN more memory to manage behind the scenes if you experience ORA-04031 errors in the Large Pool, Streams Pool, or Java Pool.

*
* STREAMS_POOL_SIZE* This is new memory pool in 10g. It is intended to alleviate stress on memory structures in the Shared Pool related to Streams operations. Review the size set for the parameter in the RDA. *
If using SGA_TARGET on 10g Release 2, the parameter will be auto-tuned and will show up as 0. *
*You can hard-code a minimum size with 10g and Release 2 and MMAN will not attempt to shrink the Streams Pool below that setting.*

--Script to check ASSM
ALTER SESSION SET nls_date_format = 'DD/MM/YYYY:HH24:MI:SS'; SET PAGESIZE 900
SET LINESIZE 255
COL COMPONENT FORMAT A25
COL INITIAL_SIZE FORMAT A10
COL TARGET_SIZE FORMAT A10
COL FINAL_SIZE FORMAT A10
COL OPER_TYPE FORMAT A10
select START_TIME, component, oper_type, oper_mode,status, initial_size/1024/1024 "INITIAL", target_size/1024/1024 "TARGET", FINAL_SIZE/1024/1024 "FINAL", END_TIME
from v$sga_resize_ops
order by start_time, component;

Good Luck
Surachart Opun