Re: "sqlplus orauser/orapasswd_at_SID" avoid writing passwords in shell scripts

From: Amit DBA <piyush.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 22:56:05 +0800

Hi Sven,

As martin had mentioned you can use Oracle Secure password store, where in you can create a wallet. I have implemented this at a client side and it worked without any issues. You can check out post detailing setup steps

http://askdba.org/weblog/2009/09/using-oracle-wallet-to-execute-shell-scriptcron-without-hard-coded-oracle-database-password/

Cheers
Amit
http://askdba.org/weblog/