Re: "sqlplus orauser/orapasswd_at_SID" avoid writing passwords in shell scripts

From: Neil Kodner <>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:14:52 -0700

A number of ways - If you're connecting as the DBA, you can just sqlplus /nolog
connect / as sysdba

Another way would be to create an externally identified user.

A few more methods involve having your shell script look up the passwords from a secured file, or storing the passwords as environment variables. I don't think the environment-variable route will work under cron, however.