Row chaining representing in redo log

From: SY Wang <>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:43:38 +0800

Currently, I am working on redo logs, and I found it is possible to understand the row chaining by dumping the redo log file, but it is hard to make the algorithm or logical strategy that Oracle does, which I mean how Oracle implement row chaining.

For example, Suppose a transaction contains two DML operations, both of them need row chaining operation, and How could I separate the two records? I mean they are marked with same transaction id(xid, of course), same bdba and hdba value. How do we know that the row chaining of the first record are finished?

Black Thought