Re: alter user default schema question???

From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:34:28 -0800 (PST)

You could create a procedure to authenticate to the other user, if it's simple SQL that can be written into a procedure or add it in the beginning of your package/procs before the main body of the code.  Although I used this to force a user to utilize a separate temp tablespace than the package owner, it may be an option for your problem.  I just documented this in my blog the other day, so hopefully this helps!
http://dbakevlar.blogspot.com/2009/11/utilizing-separate-temp-tablespace.html

Good luck!

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."

From: Martin Ruthner <ruthner_at_pythian.com> Subject: Re: alter user default schema question??? To: mccdba1_at_yahoo.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 3:50 PM

You could probably try
dbms_session.set_context ( ... ATTRIBUTE='CURRENT_SCHEMA' ... );

I must admit I have not tried it...

Martin

dba1 mcc wrote:
> we have ORACLE 10GR2 on LINUX server.  one of our user request he want login as "userA", but when he login (through ODBC and third party tool) the defaut schema must be "userB".
>
> in this case we can NOT use "alter session set current_schema = siebel".
>
> Does anyone has solution for this?
>
> Thanks.

Martin Ruthner
Database Administrator - The Pythian Group, Inc.
Email  : ruthner_at_pythian.com
Work   : 1.877.PYTHIAN x250
Mobile : 1.613.218.8402
IM     : pythianruthner