Re: Filewatcher frustration

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:27:12 -0800 (PST)

I like the idea of the DIAG destination. The whole idea is about standardizing the location of these files for troubleshooting, etc. In my mind it's kind of like OFA. It takes getting used to, and it's probably not perfect across the suite yet, but they will get there.

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it! Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON! OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Other various titles

From: Vishal Gupta <vishal_at_vishalgupta.com> To: niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com; daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com Cc: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Sun, November 22, 2009 1:41:52 AM
Subject: RE: Filewatcher frustration

This whole diag destination sucks. What Oracle keeps changing location of every file in every release. Why the heck they can't put all the logs in 1 place.

Vishal

From:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Niall Litchfield Sent: 20 November 2009 20:07
To: daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com
Cc: oracle-l

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Daniel Fink <daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com> wrote:
I've installed the scheduler agent and it is running. The only entries in $ORACLE_HOME/data/agent.log (thanks for the obvious location and file name Oracle!) are related to start/stop

part of the whole new diag_dest approach I guess!!

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA