Re: is SIZE AUTO ever wrong? or am I wrong?

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:47:06 -0800

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:05 AM, neil kodner <nkodner_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it would be more efficient for letter_bin to be accessed by clm_id, and its not.   It's getting accessed by prty_id and HJ to claims.  Am I being unreasonable, or are my stats no good?

I dont know that I would worry so much about "if stats are good", I would worry more about "if execution plans are good" and then if they are not, troubleshoot systemically why.

Fist question: are the cardinality estimates for the 1) the tables and 2) the joins accurate?

If you think that a different execution plan is better, use hints to get that plan and compare them.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn