Re: Documentation on Transaction Management

From: Mathias Magnusson <mathias.magnusson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:32:30 +0100

How long time does it take to run the update as a single update? Sure enough undo would need to be allocated, but this would show if the problem is with the approach or with the database (number of indexes and such). It could also show that the simple way actually works fast enough to do the job.

If that turns out to be too slow, then one possible solution would be to have multiple parallel jobs operate on different parts of the table.

Can new rows be added to the table while the update runs?

Mathias