Re: Questions re datapump import

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:59:49 -0500

impdp help=y is your friend :)

TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION Action to take if imported object already exists.

                      Valid keywords: (SKIP), APPEND, REPLACE and
TRUNCATE. joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage? Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
"John Dunn" <JDunn_at_sefas.com>
To:
<oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Date:
11/19/2009 07:53 AM
Subject:
Questions re datapump import
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

I want to use datapump export and import as simple method of backing up schemas in our development environments.

i.e. to restore the schema to a previous state, I would import back into the same schema.

If I do a full schema import using datapump, will the fact that the database objects already exist cause issues? Will data rows in tables be duplicated?

Or is there a better way of backing up and restoreing a single schema?

I do not want to drop the schema between doing the export and the import.

John