Re: Logical Domains for Oracle RAC (Sun T5440)

From: Ravi Gaur <ravigaur1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 06:59:21 -0600

Thanks Mark,
We haven't received the final word from Oracle on the licensing part, but I was able to find this document that does indicate that the hard partition option licensing using logical domains is a "no" from Oracle. It is however RAC supported.

*
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/clustering/certify/db_virtualization_support.pdf *<redir.aspx?C=88d1a9187c6e4796adafc8f7d143e6eb&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.oracle.com%2ftechnology%2fproducts%2fdatabase%2fclustering%2fcertify%2fdb_virtualization_support.pdf>

  • Ravi