auto stats collection

From: Joe Smith <>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:08:12 -0600

How can I tell when the auto stats job in Oracle 10gRelease2 is done? I know the auto stats job is based on the undocumented procedure GATHER_DATABASE_STATS_JOB_PROC in the DBMS_STATS package.

I want to run a job after the stats job completes, but I donít want to query dba_scheduler_running_jobs every minute. I donít want to start it after the window completes at 6am in the morning. Our stats collection will most likely take 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Is there a way to determine when the GATHER_DATABASE_STATS_JOB_PROC has finished?