ASM on 22.214.171.124
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:36:15 -0800
We have an issue with upgrading to 126.96.36.199 Current environment is 2 node rac on 10.2.0.4 and ASM running on clusterware 188.8.131.52
As part of upgrading the ASM and RDBMS to 184.108.40.206, I move the init.ora of
ASM from 10.2.0.4 to 220.127.116.11 ORACLE HOME and try to bring up the asm
instance and it fails with ORA-29702.
When you truss sqlplus session that is causing this issue you see this message in oclskd.log
2009-11-16 21:00:43.514: [ OCLSKD]clsskd_main: Kill daemon registered with CSS. Waiting for work.
Also in the trace directory I see a trc file generated for lmon which is like this.
- 2009-11-16 03:27:33.074
- SESSION ID:(218.1) 2009-11-16 03:27:33.074
- CLIENT ID:() 2009-11-16 03:27:33.074
- SERVICE NAME:() 2009-11-16 03:27:33.074
- MODULE NAME:() 2009-11-16 03:27:33.074
- ACTION NAME:() 2009-11-16 03:27:33.074
GES enqueues 128
GES IPC: Receivers 1 Senders 1 GES IPC: Buffers Receive 1000 Send (i:100 b:100) Reserve 100 GES IPC: Msg Size Regular 416 Batch 8192Batching factor: enqueue replay 201, ack 224 Batching factor: cache replay 126 size per lock 64
- 2009-11-16 03:27:34.448 kjxggin: CGS tickets = 1000 kjxgrdmpcpu: CPU Total 16 Core 16 Socket 16 OCPU 16 kjxgrdmpcpu: High load threshold 20480
- 2009-11-16 03:27:34.540 kjxgmrcfg: Reconfiguration started, type 1 kjxgmcs: Setting state to 0 0.
- 2009-11-16 03:27:34.544 Name Service frozen kjxgmcs: Setting state to 0 1. kjxgmmeminfo: node(0) info has a wrong size (112 120) ksirValidateModuleInfo: action = 10 startup = 0 Name Service Mode: multi (0x21) kjxgmjoin: substate 1 action fails 2009-11-16 03:27:34.545977 : IMR recording device closed, terminating IMR
- 2009-11-16 03:27:34.589 Global Enqueue Service Shutdown If I relink the oracle home libraries with rac off option then the asm instance comes up fine.
Also in the upgrade doc 429825.1, one of the pre upgrade steps is to set
cluster_database to false for the rdbms instance. We did the same for ASM
instance too. It seems to me that if cluster_database is set to false then
you have to relink with rac off option (in the sense they are directly
proportional). Is this the case?
My concern in bringing up the asm instance with off option is that , I can do the upgrade but when I try to rac enable after the upgrade, I will hit the same isssue because if you look at it- there is nothing that changes between now and the upgrade as far as the 18.104.22.168 oracle binaries are concerned.
I found one related link
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=3715198 here but that is on linux and we are on solaris 64. From Metalink, I cannot view patch 7687540 for Solaris or Linux.
Any inputs ?