Re: Bank has Crashed

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 12:25:36 +0000

Hi

Looks to me from the outside to be rather a case of not thinking carefully enough about what happens if the entire datacentre goes. Not just for core bank databases, but all the other 'non-critical' systems (I'd lay a pound to a penny that customer appointments was classed as non-critical). Personally by the way I think a non-IT solution is fine, it's what works and so long as people can go to a branch and get cash then that would seem to be fine.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA