RE: Metalink Fiasco - Oracle Support Who do they think we are! - Ok lets get past this....

From: Barun, Vlado <Vlado.Barun_at_JTV.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:14:12 -0500

I contacted our account rep and after a few hours he arranged a conference call with a person from the Support side of Oracle. That person was very helpful in confirming that the problems we were experiencing were not due to account issues (as some other people might be experiencing), but rather system wide performance issues.

Also, she said that some of the issues might be resolved by clearing your browser cache and cookies. That didn't resolve our issues, but thought it might help somebody else...

I must say that both the account rep and the support person were committed to helping us and were taking some steps internally based on our feedback...

Vlado Barun, M.Sc., OCE, OCA, MCP
Sr. Database Architect/Manager, Database Engineering and Operations Jewelry Television

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Bill Ferguson Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 11:57 AM To: katpopins21_at_yahoo.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Metalink Fiasco - Oracle Support Who do they think we are! - Ok lets get past this....

I've sent them NUMEROUS emails, blog comments and a couple SR's (feedback button on MyPOS) thrown in for good measure. NOT ONE of my suggestions or specific complaints were answered or acknowledged (with the sole exception of getting a canned response back from the SR's).

Remember a few years back, when the main mantra of the MAJORITY of the entire IT community was "We don't want to be beta-testers for Microsoft"? This eerily similar to the same situation.

With a small set of users under controlled conditions, things "sort of" worked. Once they went live with a full-blown production, things went to hell in a handbasket, and instead of having a fallback strategy of "okay, we have some major problems, so lets go back so our users (and customers) aren't adversely affected while we try to fix this", they simply plod on with no regrets and no apologies, and apparently, absolutely NO REGARD for their customers.

So, on one hand I am very much in league with you, having sent many specific suggestions and complaints over the last few months. However, on the other hand, I spent much of my precious time doing so, only to have EVERY SINGLE ONE of my suggestions and complaints ignored.

So, Oracle obviously didn't pay ANY attention to what I had to say before, why should I believe that they will now?

--

  • Bill Ferguson

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Nov 13 2009 - 13:14:12 CST