Re: Views and security

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:32:28 -0500

You mean like how oracle hides the encrypted password values for 11g dba_users view?

Notice how oracle does it to mask data for dba_users:

select u.name, u.user#,

       decode(u.password, 'GLOBAL', u.password,
                          'EXTERNAL', u.password,
                          NULL),
       m.status,......

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage? Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
"J. Dex" <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
To:
<oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Date:
11/13/2009 09:27 AM
Subject:
Views and security
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

We are trying to implement some security via some views. Is it possible to create a view that shows all of the columns in the table, but some of the columns do not show the actual data? For example, column 1 would appear and it would be possible to see all of the data. Column 2 would show the column name but none of the data. What would the syntax for something like that be?