Re: Memory management in Oracle 11g and limit of open file descriptors

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:57:38 +0100

Michael Elkin schrieb:

> I would like to know if someone has experiences the same and how you
> tried to solve this problem.
> Is there any option to increase the basic file size under /dev/shm for
> example ?

i have some problems with the automatic memory management, but they are not open files related. for the next database i will use sga_target/pga_target backed by hugepages again, works better.

yes, you can increase the granule size. below 1GB SGA it's 4MB, above 1GB it's 16MB in 11g. check for yourself:

select * from v$sgainfo where name = 'Granule Size';

there's a parameter for changing the granule size, but it's an underscore parameter and we all know what that means.

_ksmg_granule_size (size in bytes)

regards,
-ap