Re: Metalink Fiasco

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 22:30:56 +1100

Andre van Winssen wrote,on my timestamp of 12/11/2009 9:11 PM:

> I can see vip hostnames being sent because they are spfile parameter
> values (e.g. *listener) but not any other ip address or mac
> address. Where did you see that MAC address is being sent to oracle"

In the description of the config file for exclusions. The actual parameter to use is shown there.

There is also a reference to it in the description of "What is new in 10.2.0.5", install guide. I'm surprised you missed it. Here:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/install.102/e10041/intro.htm#sthref12

I quote:
"#
Disabling Collection of IP and MAC Addresses: You can disable the collection of the Host IP Address and the Network Interface MAC Address. To disable the collection of these items, you must add the following entries to the $ORACLE_HOME/ccr/config/collector.properties file.

     *
       To disable the collection of network addresses, add the following entry:
       ccr.metric.host.ecm_hw_nic.inet_address=false
     *
       To disable the collection of the MAC address, add the following entry:
       ccr.metric.host.ecm_hw_nic.mac_address=false
"

Enough?

--
Cheers