RE: uptime

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:51:02 -0800

Security is not in the eyes of the beholder. A vulnerabilities exist or they do not. Certainly sites need to evaluate whether the vulnerability is applicable and whether they have taken other measures to prevent its exploitation, etc. I am not a system administrator nor a security expert, but RedHat has been rather busy lately with kernel releases to fix security issues.