Re: Metalink Fiasco

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:16:03 -0600 (CST)

> I agree. I'm just not ready to have all my databases "calling home to
> papa Larry" yet. The service metrics are interesting, but it leaves me
> wondering just what all they are collecting in the call home job. Is

As one of the lucky ones who's been able to use MOS since Monday evening, I'd be happy if I could get rid of that stupid orange box that tells me I'm not using OCM. All I can do is shrink it a little. Misleading and annoying, especially for our users who are not technical (e.g. for JDEdwards business issues).

And there's no way they're ever going to convince me that I need to connect my DB servers to the Internet, direct or by proxy. Not gonna happen. Ever.

Perhaps Oracle Corp needs two levels of Support -- one for those that don't want to manage their DBs and another for those of us that do.

Rich

"Serenity now!" -- Frank Costanza