Re: ORA-01720: grant option does not exist for 'S.P'

From: vit\.spinka <vit.spinka_at_vitspinka.cz>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:12:22 +0100

> When I tried to run
> GRANT SELECT ON S.V to R
> I still encounter this error
> ORA-01720: grant option does not exist for 'S.P'

As both the view and and the procedure is both owned by S, S has inherently the necessary privileges, and with grant option. However: can you create a small testcase? First of all - how do you use a procedure in a view? I would expect a function there, not a procedure. Second - when I tried a simple test (11.1.0.7+CPU Oct09), Linux x86 OEL 5.2, everything seemed ok:

SYS> grant create view to scott;
SYS> create role r;

SQL> connect scott/tiger
Connected.

SQL> create or replace function f return number as begin return 1; end; /
Function created.

SQL> create view v as select f from emp; View created.

SQL> select * from v;

         1
         1

14 rows selected.

SQL> grant select on v to r;
Grant succeeded.

Can you try this test case on your system?

Vit Spinka
Oracle 10g Certified Master
http://www.vitspinka.com