Re: Export DDL and data to MYSQL

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:27:41 -0300

I've only done this using highly customized scripts knowing the data model very well. I reckon it should be possible to an extent. There are some things you simply can't reproduce in MySQL.

As for data, a simple CSV should suffice. Alternativeley you can generate a sql dump of the db with sql generators running a query that generates a file with the insert statements. For instance:

select 'insert into table1 values ('''||col1||''','''||'''col2''',''col3)' from table1); or something like that... though it's not the easyest way and you'd have to account for referential integrity manually.

Also, you should know that DDL changes from Oracle to MySQL in several simple things (like varhcar2 is varchar, and there is no number type, you have to use either integer or float or double).

hth
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional