RE: Database refresh problem

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:15:59 -0500

Tell us a little more. When you say "I have restored every thing from the production to Test" do you mean all the datafiles and such, or do you also mean the software?

How are you trying to open the database? OEM, sqlplus, something else?

What operating system are you on?

And the big one: Exactly what problem are you having? Is there an error message? Does it just hang? Have you looked in the alert log or otherwise explored the log and trace files?

That would be a good start to help us help you.

Regards,

mwf