Re: Out of Topic - Facing error during RHEL 4 AS 3 Installation ( Hangs at Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel)

From: Shastry(DBA) <"Shastry>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 10:58:16 +0530

Hi Mikey,Howard and Karl,

Thanks alot for your help.
I could fix the issue with the below addition(append) in grub:

*pci=nommconf all-generic-ide noapic nolapic* and it look like below

*Kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet **pci=nommconf
all-generic-ide noapic nolap**ic*

Appreciated your help very much. Thanks again :)

Regards,
Ananth