RE: Affordable Alternatives to Database Replay

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 01:06:38 -0700

What I had in mind was pulling the SQL out of the shared pool similar to just running Kerry Osborne's build_bind_vars.sql script (http://kerryosborne.oracle-guy.com/2009/07/23/) in a loop (which I may try). I haven't used RAT yet, but I think I remember it creates its own files instead of using 10046 traces, although I'm not sure on that and even if it's true, maybe the overhead is just as bad as or even worse than an instance-wide 10046 trace anyway.