Re: Negative ramifications of setting CPU_COUNT lower?

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 08:33:34 -0800

Reducing the cpu_count is fine and at least I advise people to set it on the CMT boxes to the core, not the thread count if it is the only DB on the box. Since you have 55 then it should be fine to reduce it even further.

When 11.2 is released for Solaris you can use cpu_count with resource manger to do instance caging as well.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn