RE: what could cause a high elap value for the exec system call (for a select statement)?

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:07:44 +0100

Mark,

Am I correct to say that, for a select statement, the exec call includes all the work (except parsing) that needs to be done to construct the cursor and that the fetch call includes all the work that needs to be done to retrieve rows from that cursor?

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator