Oracle streams and supplemental log problem

From: Robinson Maureira Castillo <rmaureira_at_solint.cl>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:24:13 -0300

Hi all,

This can be a vague question, so I'll try to make it as clear as possible.

On a customer we have 3 2-node RAC databases (11.1.0.7 on HP-UX), one is source and the other two are destinations of Oracle Streams replication.

Today, out of the blue, we saw this message on the alert log

"Alter database drop supplemental log data"

Since Streams uses supplemental log data to do replication, it stopped working right there... problem is I don't know why that command was executed.

The previous alert entries are regarding a job with problems, the job is related to the tuning pack of gridcontrol ("SYS.PRVT_ADVISOR", SYS.DBMS_ADVISOR) How can I know why that command was executed and who or what made it? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, and best regards.

--
Robinson Maureira Castillo.