Re: Dataguard 10g switchover question

From: Ravi Gaur <ravigaur1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:29:23 -0600

Chris,
What you've outlined below should work just fine -- we recently did a switchover with one physical standby and 2 logical standbys in place. No issues observed with a graceful switchover. The redo stream should catch up from the last log for the additional standbys not involved in the switchover (you can also manually register the logs and apply later). You might want to defer the additional standbys; perform the switchover and then add the destinations back and recover for the other physical standbys. This is what we did for our logical standbys.
  • Ravi